The Summer VISTA program began in the summer of 2009 when Campus Compact and All Hands Raised (then known as the Portland Schools Foundation), joined together to address the low high school completion rate in Multnomah County, Oregon where just 65% of students graduate high school on time. Find out more information about Summer VISTA in our FAQ.
Summer VISTA 2020
June 18th - August 12th
All Remote and Online
- Recruit, train, and coordinate (but not select) community-based volunteers, including high school and college students, and older adults.
- Structure long-term ways for community members to become involved in project activities.
- Generate resource materials, supplies, and space for the project.
- Involve the private sector and other community partners in the project.
- Develop materials for year-round project activities.
- Conduct community education, outreach, and awareness related to the project.