Campus Compact of Oregon's Organizational Racial Equity Roadmap:
Are we walking our talk?
Our Organizational Racial Equity Roadmap has been underway for over a year now in order to make sure we are really walking our talk. As part of this process:
- Our focus has largely been on internal equity, including our internal personnel, structures, processes, policies, and org governance been working with an outside equity contractor/facilitator
- We have implemented an equity-informed compensation plan for staff
- We have created role of Director of Internal Equity
- We have transitioned to a co-ED shared governance structure to center accountability and power-sharing engaging in collaborative processes around policy review/revision and creation
- More exciting news to come about how we are strengthening our community accountability structures/processes - including the development of a Community Steering Committee
- We engaged in a staff retreat and our collaborated on developing an Organizational Equity Statement
- We have initiated an ongoing review/revision/creation of organizational policy and board bylaws.