Campus Compact of Oregon's Organizational Racial Equity Roadmap - Are we walking out talk?
Our Organizational Racial Equity Roadmap has been underway for over a year now in order to make sure we are really walking our talk. As part of this process:
- - Our focus has largely been on internal equity, including our internal personnel, structures, processes, policies, and org governance been working with an outside equity contractor/facilitator
- - We have implemented an equity-informed compensation plan for staff
- - We have created role of Director of Internal Equity
- - We have transitioned to a co-ED shared governance structure to center accountability and power-sharing engaging in collaborative processes around policy review/revision and creation
- - Will be creating a webpage on our website to document and present this Racial Equity Roadmap process for/to our community
- - More exciting news to come about how we are strengthening our community accountability structures/processes - including the development of a Community Steering Committee
- - We engaged in a staff retreat and our collaborated on developing an organizational equity statement
- - We have initiated an ongoing review/revision/creation of organizational policy and board bylaws.