Too often we are too deeply involved in our work to stop and reflect on the bigger picture. Conferences are great opportunities to share insights, support colleagues, and strengthen our networks. The 17th Annual Continuums of Service Conference will be an insightful gathering of service learning professionals, community partners, and faculty.
Ten Reasons Why You Should Attend:
1. The conference is being held in beautiful Honolulu, Hawaii. Attendees will gather at the Waikiki Marriot which is only steps away from the world famous Waikiki Beach and Pacific Ocean.
2. Campus Compact members receive a discount of $100 off their registration fees.
3. The COS theme of "Civic Engagement: Bridging Gaps in Education, in Communities and across the Globe" will provide a chance to tackle complex challenges and address critical issues.
4. Attendees have the opportunity to explore issues of civic engagement while honoring and learning about Pacific Island cultural diversity.
5. The COS conference is an example of cooperation and support among all campus compacts of the western United States.
6. There is a unique service opportunity after the conference. The Kanaka Maoli work to restore sacred sites damaged by federal highway development. On Saturday a group of volunteers will work in sacred sites (heiau) that are normally restricted from access. The volunteers will be guests of the caretakers, helping while learning about Hawaiian culture, religion, history, and ethno-botany.
7. There is a stellar line-up of keynote speakers, presenters, and facilitators; including
9. If you register for the conference before March 19th, 2014, you get $50 off of your registration fees on top of your campus compact discount.
10. The Continuums of Service Conference is planned so that every participant will learn something from the experience. COS offers dedicated programming for all levels of participants from beginner to advanced practitioners.